1. Terms & Modifications
By accessing The Ether, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. The Ether may revise the terms and conditions of use for the web site at any time without notice. By using this web site you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
2. Use of Content
The Ether is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be granted upon specific request through our contact page. Without such permissions, person, publication, or blog must credit The Ether when republishing our original articles, research, or media under the following guidelines and provide credit to the author as it appears in the original work.
- Any republished article from The Ether must be in its original form. While The Ether embraces sharing work and an open source community, we will defend our licensed material.
- The article must provide the following credit to the author:
- Originally published by [Author name w/ link to author bio, if available] for The Ether [link to original article if republished online]
- To use any media from The Ether, a link to the original work must be included either through the image or with the following author credits:
- Photograph: © [name of photographer] for The Ether [include complete caption, if available]
- YouTube: state on website that video is directed by [Director name w/ link to director bio, if available] for The Ether
- Audio: verbally credit The Ether as “The Ether, a community for the expansion of social justice through debate that bends borders” for any audio clip used and provide link on website if applicable
The above policies apply to online media only. Please note that any media appearing on television, broadcast, or in an online commercial project is subject to a license agreement and potential fee.
Op-ed’s are not subject to our Creative Commons License and need permission via the contact page to be re-published.
3. Rights to User-Generated Content
In submitting material to The Ether, you are representing that none of the materials you submit violates the rights of others, including copyright, trademark, privacy, or other legal rights. If you submit any material or information to The Ether– including comments, posts, ratings, reviews, photos, text, and other material- you grant The Ether, and anyone authorized by the site, a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, modify, copy, excerpt, transmit, sub-license, publicly display or perform that material, either in whole or in part, in any form of media (either known now or developed hereafter) and for promotional purposes. If contact information is available, The Ether will reach out to you before using any submitted material or information so that we can give appropriate credit to the creator or author of that material.
The Ether may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time, but will do so with notice by addendum or correction.
- The materials on The Ether’s web site are provided “as is.” The Ether makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property, or other violation of rights. Furthermore, The Ether does not warrant or make any representations concerning the likely results of the use of the materials on its web site or on any sites linked to this site.
- In no event shall The Ether or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Ether’s internet site. This applies even if The Ether, or a representative we have authorized, has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
- While The Ether makes every effort to review all of the sites linked to its web site for accuracy, it is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Ether of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.